The SGAI Virtual Seminar Series is a new series of free evening Zoom events. The first seminar in the series was on Large Language Models, including ChatGPT and BERT on Wednesday May 10th from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (UK time). Participation was free and no prior registration was needed. Further details are available at http://www.bcs-sgai.org/seminars/.
Links to a recording of the seminar and to downloadable copies of slides and Python code are available on the website.
The second seminar was on Wednesday June 14th from 6 p.m. to 7.30 p.m. (UK time) on 'Knowledge Graphs' and also formed part of our long-standing 'UK Symposium on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining' series. Participation was free and no registration was needed. Further details. Copies of the speakers' slides are available for downloading from the website.
SGAI recently collaborated with the BCS Consultancy Group on a panel discussion on 'How consultants can leverage the AI transformation in the industry'. This was a free 'hybrid' event available both face-to-face in the BCS London Office and remotely by videoconference on Thursday October 12th. A videorecording of the event is available here.
Upload a news story - contributions welcome!
SGAI Twitter (X) account https://twitter.com/BCS_SGAI
The Group’s events up to the end of 2023 will include the following. Further details will be placed here as they become available.
The Rise of AI in the Healthcare Ecosystem
November 10th 2023 - British Computer Society London Office (near Moorgate Underground)
A full-day event with invited talks on the following topics:
- What are the things that AI can help with in the healthcare ecosystem?
- Semantic Deep Learning for One Health: combining Knowledge Graphs and Large Language Models
- Biomarkers and Personalised Medicine: how can AI be used for Omics Data Integration, Interpretation, and Its Application?
- AI in Next Generation Stroke Rehabilitation
- Machine Readable Healthcare Data Formats using FHIR
- What SNOMED wants to be, how clinicians actually use it and what lurks in large coded clinical datalakes?
- Bringing clinical guidelines closer to the bedside with AI techniques
Full details are available at http://www.bcs-sgai.org/health2023/
11th December 2023 - Peterhouse College, Cambridge
A one-day training event for AI research students at Peterhouse College, Cambridge, the day before AI-2023 starts. This is a free event except for a contribution towards the cost of refreshments and lunch in the College.
12th-14th December 2023 - Peterhouse College, Cambridge
Our forty-third annual international conference.
Follow us on Twitter: @bcs_sgai and #sgaiconf #ukkdd #realai #micomp
View Recent Tweets (in a new window)
View Facebook page (in a new window) @SGAIatBCS