Information for Speakers
- The conference will take place virtually using the Zoom videoconference package.
- You should use the Zoom screen sharing facility to present your talk.
- You have twenty (20) minutes for your presentation, including a few minutes for questions.
The session chair will ensure that the total time is not exceeded.
Tips for Good Presentations
- As a guide use no more than one slide per minute of your talk. If you have more it is probable you are going
to run out of time.
- Use large fonts (40pt for titles and 30pt for text). If you can't fit all your text on you are trying to say
too much on one slide.
- Keep colours simple, only using them for emphasis.
- If you are making a computer presentation light colours (white or yellow) against a dark background (black
or blue) show up best.
- Don't use sound, video or complex images unless essential to your presentation.
- If you include diagrams with text in them make sure the text is legible, otherwise what is the point of showing
- Practice and time your presentation. If using PowerPoint use the "Rehearse Timings" feature. The
session chair will NOT let you have more time.
- Don't read verbatim from your slides, the audience can read. You should be explaining what is on the slide
whilst it reinforces your key points.
- Relax and enjoy yourself.